Saturday, November 19, 2011











Thankful November:  Part III



November 11:  Of course today I am thankful for all the veteran's throughout America's years.  My Grandpa being one of them.  He flew airplanes for the Air Force.  I am thankful for their dedication, bravery and sense of duty.  I am also thankful for their parents, wives and family who support them.


November 12:  MmmmMMm.  More food.  Japanese food.  We went to Tsunami in SLC tonight for dinner and it was scrum-diddly-umptious!!  I'm thankful for restaurants who make a point to serve good food, have a good atmosphere and good service.  I love to watch Restaurant Impossible and I am more thankful for these goods.

November 13:  Fake Thanksgiving.  J's parents are going out of town for Thanksgiving so they had an early Thanksgiving.  That means two turkey's!!  Not much better than a turkey hot out of the oven.  (yes, yes, more food. I guess I'm really loving food)

November 14:  I'm thankful for J's wisdom in getting the cheapest car in America.  I wanted something bigger and better (like a truck......) but with all the money we've put into our house and down payment on the house, etc. I am thankful he was insistent on buying as cheap as possible while still new.  And I LOVE that it gets great gas mileage.  (much better than any truck)





Kindle case cover sleeveNovember 15:  I am thankful for the internet and for crafty people who blog tutorials.  I love being crafty, but I'm not very naturally gifted with crafts so I love that people who are naturally gifted share their wisdom and I can reproduce it.  It makes me very happy to find something that is cool to make that I wouldn't have thought of or known how to do by myself.  This is a Kindle cover that I plan to eventually make.  Awesomeness.





November 16:  I am thankful for 10-11 year old girls.  At church I co-head a group of 10-11 year old girls and we have so much fun!  We've tied blankets for needy children, made cards for moms, practiced manners and had a fun daddy/daughter dinner.  They are a great group of girls.

November 17:  I'm thankful for people who are willing and able and love to do co-op preschools with me.  This is my 3rd year, I believe, to be the one to rally troops and set up a co-op preschool.  These are great for me because I love teaching cute, adorable little minds and also love a little break the other weeks.  I also can't stomach paying so much money for a preschool when I can do it myself.  Sure, three of the four years I've done co-ops we couldn't come close to affording a preschool but I sure enjoy using that money other places this year now that we could afford it.  And, my kids have loved it too and that makes it all worth it.

November 18:  Today I'm thankful for good Doctor's because we went to one who was not so great.  Little J had an allergist that he went to in NJ and I'd like to keep him going to one since he has so many allergies.  We went to an allergist today and he was definitely sub-par.  He comes in and introduces himself by just his name and then asks what his symptoms are.  What?  We're here for the first time, wouldn't he like a history discussion first?  We weren't there for symptoms but to get to know him.  Besides which, what symptoms is he talking about--food reactions?  environmental allergy reactions?  Then when he goes to check my little man he pulls so hard on his ear that I cringed and just about jumped up and smacked the dr.  I remembered that I didn't always think his allergist in NJ was the best but she was knowledgeable enough that I stuck with her and ended up liking her more.  So maybe I should give it more time but I don't think it's a very good sign when the dr. looks over his food allergies and says, "so what does he eat?".   And "boy, if his wheat allergy ever gets worse he'd have a hard time eating anything."  Uh, a Dr. is there to help not to be negative and glass is half empty.  So, I appreciate a Doctor who is willing to have a positive mind-set, good manners and ever-increasing knowledge.  I'm not sure this dr. possessed any of those qualities so we may not be back again.

No comments: