Thursday, November 10, 2011








Thankful November:  Part II

I am going to be away from my computer this weekend so thought I'd do my second "Thanks"giving post before I go!


November 6:  People who make me laugh.  I've always wanted to be bubbly, but it's just not in my jeans.  It is a quality I admire in others so I love to be around people who are bubbly and cheerful to add some spice to life.  One of my favorite things to do is make others laugh--even though I'm not bubbly I still attempt humor.  My little A came in the room one day last week and said, "Mom, I fell and was sad and laying on the ground but when J tickled me it magically stopped hurting!"  Laughter is magical!  Our choir director here is a ball of laughs.  It makes going to choir fun and tickles me to see her have so much fun singing.




November 7:  Tilapia.  As I said I've gotten into food.  And fish is one of my favorites to cook and eat.  ShopRite (which I dearly miss!) often had fish that went on sale.  I hadn't had tilapia since leaving NJ and had been seriously craving it.  Finally I saw tilapia on sale a couple weeks ago and  bought some.  Now if I could just find some salmon or halibut on sale..........




 November 8:  True Friends.  I had a friend whom I love love love dearly and miss terribly write an email about her having a hard time.  My heart immediately went out to her and I really just wanted to book a flight to go give her a hug and help her however I could.  This is a friend during my college years who I've laughed so hard with that it left us gasping for breath, cried with during sad times and one who has inspired me and I'm sure many others to be better just by being who she is.  I would trust her entirely to never speak ill of me or put me down to make me feel bad.  I hope I've been that kind of friend to her and I will hold her friendship with her my entire life even if I never get to see her again (but I hope I will!)  She is super cool!  I have several friends that I would consider this way and I feel very fortunate for that.


November 9:  My bike.  This is the sweetest ride I have EVER owned.  I LOVE riding it around the neighborhood and with the kidlets.  It gives me a different sense of freedom, feeling of good health and of reducing waste.  As winter has come on I've wondered if I would still ride it for short commutes.  Most of the time, I just can't stomach starting up the car and driving one block to book club or visiting even though it's 30 degrees out.  I don't know that'd I'd ride in rain or snow but I really love riding when I can!


November 10:  Little gems that I get to hear every day.  "J, do you still eat your boogers?; I don't" from my 4 year old to my 5 year old.  Yes, hunny, he does.  And my 5 year old, "Mom, I just saw the garbage man come. Can I get my shoes and jacket on and bring the trash cans up the driveway?"   Yes, yes my sweet boy, if you really want to.  {Precious and humorous.}  There's nothing quite like being a mom.

No comments: