Saturday, November 5, 2011




Thankful November

I decided that at the end of each week I would blog about the things I have been thankful for the last week.  These will be more of the smaller, frivolous things that make life fun for me.  Of course I'm thankful for home, husband and children so don't worry.  I read a great definition of happiness the other day.  It's not so much having what you like but liking what you have.  These are the things I'm glad I have in my life at this moment.


November 1:  Thankful to have a daughter who loves to write her parents nice notes about how cool we are.  Can I hope this will continue into her teenage years?

Peter and the Starcatchers[Paperback]

November 2:  Thankful for books that I enjoy reading so much that it is hard to put them down for bedtime and can't wait to get a chance to get back to it the next day (even if I have to wait all day!).


November 3:  Flannel Sheets.  Jeff and I put on our flannel sheets and I'd forgotten how warm and cozy t hey are to slip into on a chilly winter night.  I was so excited about them that I went out and bought a set for everyone!! 


November 4:  Thankful for a garden/yard.  As I mostly finished preparing our yard for winter today I thought about how therapeutic an hour or so working in the yard is for me.  Whether it's weeding, planting, projects like mulch circles around our front yard trees or a raised garden bed I really enjoy working outside.  I've always been a little bit of a black thumb and I'm hoping I can learn really fast and become a green thumb!!



November 5:  Thankful for good food and always having food.  One of the basic necessities of life, but I've been more excited about food than ever in the last couple years due to a few things and I love trying out new recipes.  This picture is of our Halloween meal of ghosts in the graveyard (shepherd's pie) and tonight I made my first chili and it was delicious with a side of homemade bread, fruit from J's mom and pineapple upside down cake that I'd been wanting to make again!

1 comment:

Sandy C said...

I love your November blog, and look forward to reading it each week. I remember the year I turned 43, I listed 43 things I was thankful for at Thanksgiving time. Then, I decided to share it with my dad. He loved it. I like the daily list idea.