Saturday, May 29, 2010



Climbing Bliss

Thunderstorms held off yesterday allowing us free reign of the PA rock. We'd been wanting to get out so we can reacquaint ourselves with the rock as a family before taking some friends out and this turned out to be a beautiful day for it. There were times with the kids that I was nervous for their safety when both J and I were on the rope but I kept telling myself that I needed to chill; we're creating unifying memories. Plus, I tell myself, it helps them learn control, safety, limits and creates lasting memories. Like little A's first time harnessing up and B's longest outdoor climb to the top:

B makes it up this hefty face; she's becoming quite the climber!

Little A gets the full body harness on for the first time! She did so good and really enjoyed it!

Oh my goodness could I love this girl more?!

Little J is going thru a little of a fearful stage but we got him up to the ledge at least. I figure he'll get out of it if we keep encouraging him with positive experiences. What a sweet boy he is!

B on her second climb of the day.

B pulled this roof with no hesitation. Her technique was looking much more experienced.


No comments: