Saturday, January 30, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things about my kiddies:

*Waking up hearing B quietly asking Little A and Little J if she could read them a book in their room, and it re-occurring often and always being uber adorable.
*They can often help diffuse my frustration with a smile, kind words, or hugs just like I try for them.
*Their curiosity. I find their minds marvelously intriguing.
*That I have a great excuse to sometimes act like a kid right along with them.
*Surprises all over the house. Little A put all our headbands around the dining chair legs this evening. Found a bounce ball in a partially open box earlier today. Evidence of little minds at work and play.
*Watching them watch movies—it's really quite entertaining to watch their facial expressions and Little J especially gets into movies, jumping up and down and the like.
*To know that God entrusted them with me and I have the power to live up to that trust.
*Time and again giggling over what is exciting to them because it often takes me by surprise.
*Snuggles. Lots of snuggles. Good morning snuggles, evening snuggles, reading a book snuggles, “I love you” snuggles, etc.
*Their individual way each of them goes about life and my own curiosity of how they will each play them out and my learning to enjoy each stage of it.

2 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

I love your list! I especially love the one about God entrusting you with His little ones! He did a fantastic job when he appointed you to be their mama! Cause you are simply the best! I love the picture of them lined up with the ducks! SO cute!!!

Chanko said...

XOXO Mel! You are the best!