Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Snow and Jane-in-the-Box

This was our biggest and only snow storm this year--we were thrilled! They even cancelled dance class, school and an afterschool activity. Visiting Teaching was still on though; I guess we Mormons don't tend to shy away from hardships. We went out first thing and made snow angels, threw snow balls, shattered ice on the sidewalk, ate some white snow, built a snow hill, etc. B used a childs size snowboard to cruise down the two foot hill we'd made. Her balance amazes me even at such low elevation changes. Little J enjoyed the snow more this year except when he got too cold and wanted to go in for hot cocoa. Low tolerance for cold, that one. Ah, the joys of snowhood. I love it! I love driving in it, playing in it and seeing the kiddos enjoy it. It's the one redeeming quality of winter and I missed out on it most of the years my childhood in Texas, unless we went to Montana for Christmas to visit the grandparents. So, perhaps that's why I feel giddy with excitement like a kid again when snow begins to fall. Love it!!!

This other pic is baby A who got herself in this predicament. Yes, her upper body is stuck in the middle hole of this chair. "I'm stuck and I can't get out!" I watched beginning to end as she got further and further stuck and it was really quite an amusing little show. Little J use to come up with ways to go through these chairs, but never got caught up like this. Baby A seems to be warning us that she is going to be getting into situations frequently where we have to bail her out and she hardly knows what went on to be in such a situation. Goofy girl. She and little J are going to be serious mischief makers basically once baby A learns to walk; much like my older brother and sister. Fun times ahead, fun times!

3 comments:

GustoBones said...

Nice to see you updating again! Looks like some good snow fun!!

Messimoo said...

I'm so glad you're back! Thanks for the email, I'd gotten out of the habit checking yours! :) I miss you tons!

Nancy and Spencer said...

Cute, cute kids! We love your family.