Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Finding Mr. Ray

Yey! Finally it's been warmer and drier! My spirits are looking up! Now, don't start thinking yet that there's no mud, I think there will be.....until some new grass grows in the spring. Big J has been schooling like crazy lately, which is ok because it'll hopefully land him a job later. But, that means I'm going a little crazy at home alone more. As long as I get some 'me' time I'm ok. B has reinstituted 'quiet time', which I am shocked and grateful for. A half-hour during the day where I don't have someone blowing his nose on his hand or be needing to wipe a bum or be pretending I can still do it all while pregnant with #3. Yippeee! I rejoice!

B with fish tank J with Mr. Ray

We visited the New Jersery Aquarium with some friends yesterday. They have a family pass and we rode the free wave. It was a nice aquarium, though I'm glad we didn't pay through the roof for 5 hours of fun. Little J got such a kick out of the fishies swimming right past him. And B and Friend set up a number of other play dates, so they hit it off quite well for such a long time together.
B on Hummer after aquarium
B has been excited for her birthday since the day we turned the calendar over. We have been planning it for months and will have to fill everyone in once the date has passed. Little J has started voicing his distaste to me for taking away DVD's, CD's (computer and music), reading books with B, and is basically trying to instill chaos in the house. But yet, many times I can still find him quietly in his room reading or cleaning up his toys or quietly unrolling the T.P., hmmm....can you tell today was mostly a chaos day?? I need a vacation. I'm trying to talk big J into a two-day vacation next week to relax from writing papers and reading. I have, once again, been feeling like a emotional roller coaster, ready to crash and burn at any moment only to head upwards again. Seems that's how pregnancies are for me. That would be the one deterrant to less kids--not so much the labor and delivery, but the pre-partum wackiness. Just ask big J. But, we have such cute kiddos that it's worth it!

3 comments:

Messimoo said...

Hello, hello! B is excited for his birthday as well. I was thinking about your B's b-day. What's the plan Stan? Wish we could be there to help celebrate!

Cute pictures. I'm glad you got out!

Clair said...

I'm on an emotional rollercoaster all the time and I'm not even pregnant! Such is the life with small children I suppose. My hubby is always traveling so I find myself alone with the kids too often. I'm getting burned out. The trouble is that many of the people here in the ATL are weird and it's been hard making friends. Glad you have found some there. Wish we lived close. xoxo

GustoBones said...

Life is so hectic with small children. I am ashamed to say that many mornings I wake up looking forward to 8pm(that is my kiddos hard and fast bedtime). Mostly I just feel like a mom who has let myself go. I feel pretty snazzy if I shower. My baby has also found the TP in the house and loves to not only unroll it, but also chomp as much as he can before I pull him away and do the old mouth sweep. I am constantly calling down the hall, "close the bathroom door, here comes your brother!" But enough about me. It was fun to hear about your trip to the Aquarium. I keep meaning to take the fam up to Seattle and get a city pass and do the space needle and aquarium etc. Just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Plus with Kate in school it has clipped my wings a bit. She is loving every minute of it though which makes me happy!