Thursday, June 21, 2012




Summer!!

Wow, this summer is flying by!!  I LOVE IT!!  Between hosting a garage sale, S. Utah trip, trips up to SLC & Bountiful and various other activities it hardly feels we've had a chance to relax!  Here's some fun things we've been up to:


The day school got out we went ice skating to celebrate.  It was pretty awesome though we have no pictures to show for it!  The next day we headed up to J's parents and B found dressing up in different themes all too much fun.  This is her crazy 60s-ish rock star outfit.


That night we went to a wedding reception in Bountiful for my friend from my college days.  Yes, she had a mechanical bull ride.


We all braved a ride


Even my little man (& big man but his pics didn't turn out)


Luckily the operator didn't pull a fast one on me and I managed to stay on!


Four of my old roomies made it to the reception!  (3 in the pic) SO much fun to see them again!  And the bride and groom threw quite the party with a choreographed hilarious first dance, the mechanical bull, a popcorn stand that included yummy orange-creme popcorn, delicious spice cake, a kissing booth you could do with funny pictures, sequenced quilt squares showing the progress of their relationship drawn in stick figures.  My kids reaction, "BEST wedding reception ever!"  I agreed.  I'll have to remember those ideas for my kidlets!


The SLC Aviary!  I love this place!


One of my favorites!  I believe this was a white-faced Ibis?


That blob in the tree was the tiniest, cutest little owl I had ever seen and the day out was even better with a cousin, aunt and grandparents to share it with.


Real Salt Lake Game!  We're here for R-S-L!!  (sadly, they lost)


Little bug ready to leave for her recital


All dressed up.


Little Bug's dance studio put on "Swan Lake" with the Utah Ballet and it was superb!  My favorite part of the show?  Watching my little cutie pie perform her dance of course!!!






No comments: