Friday, December 9, 2011


Yes, this is Christmas!!

Ah, how I love the Christmas season!!!  Christmas books, Christmas decorations, Christmas music, family celebrations, nativities, Christmas concerts, the excitement in the air and in the stores.  I love that our grocery store is all decked out for Christmas.  I love that our school has a Christmas tree.  I don't love that I've been to 4 stores and can't seem to find those small white lights for our Christmas tree.  We had three we got out of the box but 2 of them don't work & we can't decorate our tree until the lights are on!  I've thought of foregoing lights and pretending that ribbon is lights but I just can't do it.  What Christmas tree doesn't have lights?!  There must be lights!  Even if I have to break down and get multi-colored ones.  I've done them before.  I like them.  But I don't LOVE them on a tree like I do white lights.  I love a great red/gold traditional tree with white lights!  How festive they are!  Alright, back to loving Christmas.  There's exciting things coming up this year.  Christmas in our new house!  We've never had Christmas in our own house--just apartments or families houses.  When we had our house in Cali we moved in in January and out in August.  No Christmas!  This is the perfect time to start new traditions!  Any favorites you have?  I'm also having a blast with creating several of the gifts we're giving this year!!!  But I can't share any ideas/pics until I give them!  Our Christmas card is on the backseat this year since I'm doing all these gifts.  But, that's alright because we do electronic cards anyway so I can put them off.  Ha!  I'm excited this year to have a big Christmas Day breakfast before opening gifts!  And to have my parents, brother and my sisters' family here Christmas Eve.  And to see my daughter's first Christmas Choir Concert!  And to meet my new niece!  Three cheers for Christmas!!!  So much excitement!!


No comments: