Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bitter Sweet

BIG boy!!

TODAY is the day! For good and for bad. Let's start with the good news. Little J went on his first outing keeping his underpants DRY since our major project began last Friday! Go Little J!! Our excursion was to the library and he went potty twice during the 45 minutes we were there but I was more than thrilled! This 'major project' was delayed due to moving and transition and if it goes well then we'll all be happy--including our budget with only one in diapers!
Now, for the not-so-good news. I no longer have a husband. Well, I do, but an absentee husband. No husband to hold my hand or snuggle with or watch movies with or do the dishes, make dinner or handle the yahoos. He's on his way. Poor guy has to spend 11 hours in the JFK airport today, unless he ventures into NYC. But, I doubt that as he only got 2 hours of sleep on the plane last night. Then tonight, he's off to Germany for a shorter layover then to Manchester for his conference before "settling" in Moscow in a couple different apartments. What am I going to do without my favorite person in the whole wide world?! Well, my plan is simple. Get trim and not go insane. Luckily, we live in the age of the internet. Ahh, what would we do without the internet. We can instant message, we can send emails and pictures and videos and even webcam and talk for FREE!! All making those long-distant relationships a little less distant.
So, today HOORAY for the internet and public restrooms!!

The chain the kids and I made for the 88 days big J is gone from us + 12 extra red and green links for the time between when he is home and Christmas!!

6 comments:

Malsy (THE Moe of DMOE) said...

What do you POSSIBLY need to get trim!!!!!! You are so beautiful already!!

GustoBones said...

It is so hard to be husbandless when you are used to having him around. How long is he going to be gone?

Nohreen said...

Great, Jared!

Hang in there, Pam. John & I didn't have internet back years ago, we had to wait 2 weeks for each letter-- just TOO SLOW!

Chanko said...

Malissa, why thank you! And,OK, perhaps firm up is more of an appropriate term--trim the excess while re-building muscle so I'll still look essentially the same but feel better.
Laura, He'll be gone a total of about 7.5 months during a 10 month time span. The past 2.5 weeks has felt like 7months.......
Nohreen, yes, I'm glad we don't have to write and rely on the postal service. Definitely an advantage of technicological advancements!

MichelleW said...

ugh! I am so sorry that it will be that long! I hope the kids are good for you. They are so super cute!

Chanko said...

Mish,
The kids have been *amazingly* ok with it. I think it definitely helps that I'm not pregnant this time around (the last two times were shorter but I was pregnant and didn't feel like doing anything but had to in order to stay sane--catch 22). I expected much worse as I've seen B's whole personality change when J's left before. The most difficult challenge: keeping a climbing/mischevious/dare devil little Bug-a-boo alive!